- Development of the Life Cycle Assessment study, according to specific Category Rules, per product/service (PCRs), as specified by EPD, in order to map and quantify the environmental impacts that occur across the life cycle.
- Development of the EPD content, according to specific Category Rules, per product/service (PCRs), as specified by EPD, presenting the results of the technical analysis.
- Support in third-party certification process.
- Building a sustainable brand, using the EPD, in order to communicate and market the product/service.
- Competitive advantage in green procurement specification of public/private sectors
- Ensure access to ecologically conscious/demanding international markets
- Eco-Design Support
- Substantial contribution to the Sustainability Strategy and Report
- Support of Green Marketing efforts
- Safeguard against Greenwashing practices
Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs) are Ecolabels that display data of predetermined environmental parameter categories according to the international standard ISO 14025. EPDs aim at supplying and easily communicating reliable and externally verified environmental information and provide a platform for the fair comparison of the environmental performance of products and services.
In the E.U. and internationally, the construction sector as well as the manufacturers of construction materials, have already started the environmental certification of their products according to EPDs. The incentive to that certification is the Directive 89/106/EC for Construction Materials and the Construction Materials Regulation, both requiring the declaration of environmental characteristics of all construction materials.
Apart from the construction sector food and drinks, electronics, and transportation sectors have already started to certify their products and services according to EPDs.